Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sun In My Belly, Kirkwood

I am known as the one who grew up on the wrong side of the tracks, but today my luck has changed! Right next to the MARTA railway, on E. College Ave is a wonderful quaint cafe that is chef driven, called Sun In My Belly.

I am so glad I pulled a U-turn to grab a cup of Joe, let me tell you. My self made mid-week brunch has officially deemed Sun In My Belly the BEST breakfast/lunch spot in town. I honestly could not decide what to order on the menu because everything was so appetizing. Now, don't let the understated bi-fold, home printed, black and white menu fool you. It is a poor representation of the caliber of product that will grace your palate and plate.

I decided to go classic breakfast. The usual suspects: eggs, bacon, potatoes, bread. There was nothing usual about it. My eggs were softly scrambled to perfection, laced with Herbed Boursin cheese. I could write a whole blog post on the bacon alone. It was honey glazed and came with this sweet salty crust, it wasn't crispy, but wasn't soft or undercooked either. It was heaven.
I ordered a side of hashed potatoes, which to my pleasant suprise, were more NY style home-fries, but with roasted red peppers and caramelized onions.

Plate presentation was exeptional, service was outstanding (thank you Kendra) , price point is absolutely freakin fantastic for the quality and portion size, and the ambiance definitely captures the essence of the neighborhood.

Alison Lueker, started of with a vision from home, cooking and catering and with partner, Max Leblanc and the support of Chef Nimma Osman, they hit the nail on the head.

They also do catering and events. So if you would like to check them out, you can do so at: www.suninmybelly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

THOUGHTS?